About This Car
“An astounding Rennsport replica, true to the Supercup spirit from a bygone era. A lifetime of passion and expertise as well as two decades of sourcing genuine ‘unobtanium’ RS and Cup components resulted to the genesis of what Porsche Motorsports would have built, but only better.”
Porsche produced 1,104 examples of the Carrera RS and along with those, 227 track-oriented versions called the Clubsport. The Clubsport was based on the Carrera Cup competition car and speciﬁcally conceived as a homologation special for the BPR GT3 and GT4 categories.
The standard 3.6 litre engine of the Carrera RS was bumped up to 3,746-cc by an increase in its bore to 102 millimeters, but it still retained the RS’s standard 76.4-millimeter stroke. This engine was ﬁtted with Porsche’s innovative Varioram intake system and the Bosch Motronic engine-management system producing a very healthy 300 bhp at 6,500 rpm and 262 foot-pounds torque at 5,400 rpm. Power is delivered through a single-mass ﬂywheel to Type G50/31 six-speed manual transmission.
Porsche also focused on making the Clubsport as light as possible. The RS had already been placed on a severe diet through the use of aluminum alloy front hood lid and doors, lightweight interior door cards, thinner glass, and hard-backed Recaro sports seats with six-point racing belts. The headliner was deleted, along with the 993’s electric seats, windows and mirrors, central locking system, intermittent wipers, radio and speakers, rear defroster, and airbags. Added were a full welded-in Matter roll cage, front strut brace, ball-joint front damper mounts, adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars, a battery cut-off switch, and a ﬁre extinguisher. The RS Clubsport was ﬁtted with 18-inch diameter, three-piece center-lock “Speedline for Porsche” aluminum wheels with magnesium centers. A special front air splitter and large rear wing made the Clubsport unique.
The original 993 RS Clubsport was built mostly for track use and unfortunately it was never imported ofﬁcially to the US for road use due to the conformities of the times.
Fast forward in 2007, Miguel ‘Mike’ Potolicchio, founder of TuneRS Motorsports and builder extraordinaire set his sight on a very ambitious project, in faithfully reproducing an air-cooled Carrera RS Clubsport in the same manner that an original car would comprise it’s Zuffenhausen Kardex with a Supercup twist.
Mr. Potolicchio had lovingly amassed over the years a signiﬁcant collection of original 993 Supercup parts from his racing campaigns in the nineties. His vision of manufacturing a Clubsport/Supercup spec Carrera that could be driven both on and off the track was very challenging but his expertise, unparalleled skills and passion helped him built an extraordinarily wild machine over the course of 5 long years, fully assembled and tested in mid-2012.
A sound Porsche 993 Carrera 2 was the ideal candidate for this project and after such a car was sourced, TuneRS went to work by striping the body to its bare galvanized metal frame and rebuilding it from the ground up. All Porsche Carrera RS parts were used, so it could serve as a faithful Tribute to one of Porsche’s highly sought after limited production homologation specials rather than a lookalike clone. Considering that most of the original RS & Supercup parts are quasi extinct, tracking them down was a tedious task but every single component on this vehicle is a genuine Porsche part.
This is not your every day Porsche commuter but rather a Rennsport thoroughbred with the bare business essentials, no headliner, lightweight glass, radio delete, no power seat functions – the next step from a dedicated 993 Supercup race car. This speciﬁc RS Clubsport built is a combination of an RS 993 and Supercup perfectly suitable for the occasional street drive. A carbon ﬁber roof was fabricated in order to “add” extra lightness with the RS registering just 1,200 kilograms on the scale in full street livery. The motorcar is ﬁtted with an A/C, carpet and some sound deadening in order to provide its occupants with some creature comfort although the feel and sound of the car is quite intoxicating, sending a heart pounding adrenaline rush upon acceleration.
Speedart Motorsports acquired the Clubsport from TuneRS right after completion of the project and a long time friendship was struck up immediately between Mike Potolicchio and James Hondros, resulting in to the continuous care of this special machine by Mike and his shop.
Claiming the craftsmanship and attention to detail on the RS to be unparalleled is an understatement. This well known car has been displayed at several South Florida Porsche
shows, and in 2013 it took the ﬁrst place in People’s Choice Award of Porsche Club of America, Concourse de Elegance at the prestigious Mandarin Oriental event, further attesting to the appeal of this spectacular sporting Carrera.
Engine & Transmission
- 3.8 Litre air cooled engine assembly built by TuneRS using genuine 3,746 cc Porsche RS & Cup components.
- GT2/TT double notch connecting rods and ARP hardware
- Original 3.8 L pistons and cylinders
- 964 Cylinder heads.
- RS Camshafts.
- 993 Bottom case halves and crankshaft, rotating assembly balanced.
- 6-Speed G50 manual gearbox with lightweight RS ﬂywheel and sport clutch.
- Fabspeed Supercup exhaust system with original Euro headers (heat delete).
- RS euro DME with ﬂash tune chip.
Steering, Suspension & Brakes
- All suspension control arms and links replaced with Porsche genuine RS European components.
- JIC Cross adjustable coil over suspension with front camber plates.
- Original front and rear RS adjustable sway bars & links.
- New 993 Turbo brake booster, ABS and master.
- New 993 Turbo ‘Big Red’ calipers and rotors.
Exterior & Body
- Exterior stripped, bead blasted.
- Single stage ‘Rivierablau’ urethane paint.
- Seam welding of chassis for strengthening.
- Original RSR Cup aluminum bonnet.
- Original RS Clubsport composite decklid.
- Original RS Clubsport front lip spoiler.
- Original RS front bumper air ducts.
- Lightweight European windscreen rear glass.
- Lightweight European door side glass.
- Original RS side rocker panels.
- Original RS lightweight European door shells.
- Carbon ﬁbre roof skin.
- All new weather stripping and seals.
- Rear amber European tail lamp assemblies.
- Original center-lock Speedline 18” alloy wheels with magnesium centers.
- New Bridgestone Potenza tires 245/40 front & 295/35 rear
- 6 point weld-in FIA approved design roll cage, designed from original Supercup cage. Tig welded, T45 material (Euro-spec).
- Vehicle was stripped down completely, all interior removed including wiring.
- New wire harness installed removing non-RS options.
- 2 Recaro Pole Position bucket seats, coated to match exterior and wrapped in black leather with Rivierablau stitching and headrest embroidery.
- Sabelt 6-point racing harness for both driver and passenger.
- Genuine Porsche Supercup suede steering wheel by MOMO with correct horn button.
- Genuine RS 6 speed shift knob and emergency brake handle wrapped in leather with Rivierablau stitching.
- Alcantara dashboard with Rivierablau deviated stitching.
- Alcantara headliner.
- Lightweight RS carpet set with “Carrera RS” red embroidered mats.
- Lightweight Dynamat sound deadening material under-carpet.
- Original RS leather door panels with red pull straps
- Original Supercup manual ﬁre extinguisher with mount.
- Radio system deleted.
- A/C system retained for comfort but easily removed in favor of race trim.
- 72 Litre competition plastic fuel tank OEM Supercup.
After a lengthy custodianship and only 767 careful miles, Speedart Motorsports is displaying the RS Clubsport in our Miami showroom and we welcome all serious inquiries of what is quite possibly the best Porsche CS Cup Tribute in the world and ﬁnancially prohibited to duplicate.
You may contact us with any questions as well as any information pertaining to the built of this outrageous Porsche rarity or to request a photographic documentation of the project since day-one. The automobile is sold with a rebuilt title and it can be registered for road use anywhere in North America. The future owner will receive an OEM Carrera RS indoor cover and a Porsche battery tender along with a new tyre set of choice (slick or tread) and freshly serviced by us.
Whilst Speedart Motorsports, LLC. (“We”) make a sincere effort to contain information that is accurate and complete, we are aware that errors and omissions may occur. We are not able therefore, to guarantee the accuracy of that information and we do not accept liability for loss or damage arising from misleading information or for any reliance on which you may place on the information contained in this website. We highly recommend that you examine the vehicle to check the accuracy of the information supplied. If you have any queries with regard to any information on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights.